Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Spirit

People seem to always talk about the "Christmas spirit" around this time of year, but it is especially nice when you get to experience it for yourself.

Yesterday morning we went to McDs for a cheap breakfast. We got their 2 for $2. I asked Steve if he wanted OJ or if pop was okay (free refills on pop that we could share). Just trying to save a little money. The cashier must have over heard me ask. After we sat down, she brought us a free OJ and said, "I have three kids."

Then I stopped at the Post Office to see if a pkg had arrived (present that we needed to take on our trip to Canada). They couldn't find it and I resigned myself to going to Canada w/o it. As I was pulling out of the parking space, the mail lady came running out of the post office with the package! She almost missed us.

When we reached the Canadian border last night about 11:45 pm, we had NO wait. Not a single car in front of us. The border patrol has never been rude, but not always the most friendly. Last night, we had the sweetest man who actually engaged us in an albeit short conversation that had nothing to do with the typical border questions! He was kind and made us smile and laugh!

While none of this really are a big deal to most people, they made my VERY long day yesterday brighter and much more pleasant!

No comments: