Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What a busy "24 hours"

I got home later yesterday than normal from teaching due to the appointment with the counselor. I returned home to a message from Amherst County Public Schools that they were wanting to interview me today - yes - today as in the work day that has by now been over for several hours. It was too late to do anything about it.

I went to school dressed for an interview I wasn't sure I would have. I ended up being able to go during the kids lunch, so they didn't need to cover my class. Now to the interesting part. I have heard from several people that Amherst makes very quick decisions, so I was expecting to hear something this afternoon.

I left for a ladies bible study tonight a little disappointed that I had not heard from them. I returned home to a message to call the Director in the morning at work. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but . . . How many times do you get a phone call at 8:30 pm letting you know that they are NOT going to hire you.

I'll keep everyone posted!

No comments: