Thursday, May 28, 2009

Long Weekends

Looking down the street at the 1st ice cream truck of the season


Note the flip flops - She's obsessed (she has bloomers on)


Kid's Cove with best bud Micah


Are great for rest and spending time as a family, but they do get Lily out of her routine. Tuesday was a pretty difficult day for Lily. She was missing me a lot and took out her frustration on her teacher and her classmates. When we arrived home, I was unbuckling her from her car seat.

Lily: "I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!"
Me: "I love you too, Lily."
Lily: "I miss you today. You come back."
Me: "Yes, mommy's always come back for their babies."
Lily: "I'm not a baby. I'm a big girl."
Me: "Mommies always come back for their big girls!"

____________________________________________

Yesterday, she was playing with her cash register. It has a microphone like you see at Wendy's. Please tell me this is not a sign of a future for her in the fast food business. Lily grabbed the microphone and said this:

"I have a question. I need a hamburger for my mommy. (pause) With Cheese (pause) please"

No comments: