This is from the lady who visited last month.
"My visit definitely reassured me that my daughter's early years in Xuwen were filled with love and attention. They have 15 nannies and 30 total staff with only about 20 babies right now. A year ago, they may have had a few more babies, but it would still be unusual to have so many nannies and staff for so few babies (based on what I've researched about other orphanages). From what I saw and heard, in my opinion, the director values human interaction over leaving the children to stagnate in their cribs with just toys to keep them company. I'm so grateful for this knowledge. The vice-director could relate to me specific stories about my daughter and her behavior, her interactions with other children, etc. This is far from an impersonal institution. Having spent the entire day with 6 members of the staff, sharing meals and long rides with them, I learned that most of them have been together for a long time, and they really consider themselves a family. I think much of what I witnessed explains why our children are happy, well-adjusted, and adventurous. They were nurtured by these fine people. More later. Linda"
We hope to have pictures and video from her in the coming months. There was one find place that she was not able to get to - and from what she said - I think it was Lily's spot. They bought the orphanage a new computer. We can now send videos of our daughters so they can see them in action. She also got the e-mail address of the director's daughter. I haven't tried it yet, but we have been told that they would love to receive e-mail updates on the girls!
Plans, perspective, and a bunch of dead plants
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment