Thursday, July 24, 2008

Prayers for Health

I have waited to post anything as Steve is kind of private and I didn't want to alarm anyone. Quite frankly, I think part of me didn't want to post anything. Hoping that things would be resolved quickly. My way of denial I suppose. I was really uncomfortable with being just shy of 33 and having to wrestle with the idea that losing my husband was not out of the realm of possibilities.

For whatever reason, I feel like I should post something now. Steve had his third diagnostic procedure this morning. He had to undergo general anthesia and is still a little restless and groggy at the same time. Unfortunately, we still really don't know what is wrong. A few things have been ruled out. Intially, the doc said it could be absolutely nothing or it could be as serious as cancer. The procedure today showed his kidney to be healthy with no tumors. I have a conference M, T, W of next week. Steve is having a renal ateriogram on Thursday and an appointment with the doc the 4th, my first day of work.

It could still turn out to be nothing. I am MORE and MORE convinced everyday that SATAN is attacking our family. He knows we are following after God's heart and plan and he doesn't like it. He knows if he can derail us now, he won't have to worry about how God might use us for KINGDOM work in the future.

Most of you know that I start report to school August 4th and Steve has orientation for PA school on the 19th. Somewhere in the midst of that, we will be changing insurance. We were planning on getting Steve a private health policy as the family coverage with my school system is double what we are paying now, but with everything that is going on . . . He has more than met the deductible for himself and most probably the family. I was hoping to get into my classroom to do some prep work as well, but with the procedures, my conference next week, and our trips . . .

Sorry, if this is a little disjointed. I know in my head that God will finish the work he started in us. I know HE will never leave or forsake us. Most days I know it in my heart as well. Just PRAY for wisdom for the docs, peace for our family, ease of transition to a babysitter for Lily (Steve will do this after I start work), and extraordnairy speed and wisdom for me as I will have to put my classroom together in record speed.

No comments: